Posted by food under
I found this recipe, I immediately try and feel that I own a new try. it can be like if I made the apple pie. I try, if not try. just free food recipes.
1/2 c. chopped pecans
2 1/2 c. finely chopped apples, such as Granny Smith
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. all purpose flour
--HOT CARAMEL SAUCE:--
1/2 c. butter
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. evaporated milk
- In a large bowl, cream the butter.
- Add the sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat until well blended.
- Mix in the soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add the flour and stir just until blended.
- Stir in the apples and nuts.
- Pour into an oiled 9" round cake pan and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes until the top springs back when touched lightly with your finger.
- Serve with Hot Caramel Sauce. In a saucepan, melt the butter, brown sugar and salt.
- Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla and milk.
- Serve warm sauce over cake. Serves 8.